We have just 7 ensuite rooms, which enables us to concentrate on a small number of guests to spoil. There is a range of different size rooms from which to choose, each with different size beds and shower rooms. Basically, we have 5 double rooms, 1 x twin and 1 x luxury suite. Some of these rooms can be booked for single occupancy.
Our rates vary throughout the year, depending on season, but cost between £65 B&B for 2 people sharing (£60 single) in a smaller room during low season up to £140 for our luxury suite in peak season.
For BEST PRICES it's best to book direct with us via our website and NOT via a 3rd Party website such as Laterooms etc
To check dates for availability and prices please click here
Other Useful Hotel Information
- We are in the centre but very peaceful part of the village, near to the pubs, cafes, art galleries & shops
- We are surrounded by some of the most spectacular and varied natural scenery that you'll find in the UK.
- The East Lyn river is just 50 yards away and the sound of the rushing waters is the only one you'll hear at night, except for the owls hooting in the woods behind.
- We are the nearest hotel to Watersmeet (1 mile), which can be reached along the beautiful riverside footpath. Allow a leisurely 40 minutes to take in the beautiful scenery and wildlife.
- Permits to fish the East Lyn River can be arranged on a daily or weekly basis.
- Our pub, The Rockford Inn lies in a dramatic wooded valley is just a mile past Watersmeet, through the gorge and past the rocky rapids and waterfalls.
- Lynmouth harbour with it's small fishing boats and pleasure craft is a 2 minute walk.
- Across the river from Bonnicott is a sandy beach complete with rock pools, with the dramatic cliffs providing a beautiful backdrop.
- The cliff railway is just a few minutes away and will take you up to Lynton 600 feet above. Here you can enjoy the stunning panoramic views over Lynmouth Bay across the sea to the Welsh coastline.
- From Lynton you can walk along the clifftop footpath which forms part of the Southwest Coast Path to the wonderfully strange and ancient natural landscapes at the Valley of Rock, which is also home for a herd of wild goats.
- The Two Moors Way footpath which connects Exmoor to Dartmoor passes directly behind the hotel and takes you up to the amazing views above Bonnicott Wood.
- Walking away from Lynmouth in the opposite direction takes you up the cliffs towards Countisbury and the National Trust Lighthouse at Foreland Point.
- From Countisbury you can cycle or walk down past the Wild Exmoor Ponies down to the Lighthouse
- Bonnicott House has an elevated position and is built into the cliff side so there are a some steps and a ramp up to the main entrance, which can be a challenge for the elderly, very young and infirm. We will provide assistance to bring bags into hotel.
- CHILDREN MUST BE SUPERVISED BY AN ADULT AT ALL TIMES
- Check-in from 3pm until late.
- Check-out until 10.30am
- All bedrooms are on the 1st Floor.
- Breakfast is normally served between 8am and 9.30am
- Bar - we are licensed to sell alcohol from the bar in our sea-facing guest lounge. Open until 10.45pm
- Eating out - for those who wish to eat out we are happy to recommend our pub and restaurant The Rockford Inn
- We can provide a packed lunch but please request in advance (24hrs)
- Complimentary tea or coffee is served on arrival.
- We provide complimentary toiletries and fresh fluffy towels.
- There is a hairdryer, tea/coffee making facilities and bottled water in each room.
- All rooms are serviced during the day.
- Twin Room 4 is at the back of the building, with a limited view where the two windows face out to the cliff.
- In warmer months our terraced gardens provide a tranquil outdoor space to enjoy the views.
- Free Wifi throughout the building.
- Fishing, horse riding and pony trekking can be organised.
- Local Taxi services: Lyn Valley Taxis 07907 161666 | Riverside Taxis 07891 876408
- We do not have our own private car park, owing to the narrow streets that is the nature of Lynmouth, however there is a large public car park opposite the hotel as well as street parking outside the hotel (with restrictions)
- Street Parking Off Season (1 November to 31 March) free parking all day
- Street Park Peak Season (1 April to 31 October) - 2 hours free between 10 am and 6pm. Free overnight between 6pm and 10am. This means if you arrive at 4pm you get 2 hours free, then it's free overnight, then you get first 2 hours the next day between 10am and midday before you have to move the car
- Public Car Park opposite the hotel, 15 yards away, charges £1 per hour or £5 per day.