We have just 7 rooms, 5 x en-suite double bedrooms, 1 x Twin Room and 1 x Luxury Suite which are open all year round. This enables us to concentrate on a small number of guests to spoil. Our rates vary throughout the year, depending on season, but range between £75 B&B for 2 people sharing (£60 single) in a smaller room during low season to £140 for our luxury king family/couple's suite in peak season.
To check dates for availability and prices please click here
Other Useful Hotel Information
- We are in the centre but very peaceful part of the village, near to the pubs, cafes, art galleries & shops
- We are surrounded by some of the most spectacular and varied natural scenery that you'll find in the UK.
- The East Lyn river is just 50 yards away and the sound of the rushing waters is the only one you'll hear at night, except for the owls hooting in the woods behind.
- We are the nearest hotel to Watersmeet (1 mile) which can be reached along the beautiful riverside footpath, allow 40 mins to take in the beautiful scenery and wildlife.
- The Rockford Inn which lies in a dramatic wooded valley is another mile further on, through the gorge and past the rocky rapids and waterfalls.
- Lynmouth harbour with it's small fishing boats and pleasure craft is just a 2 minute walk.
- Across the river is the sandy beach complete with rock pools with the dramatic cliffs providing a beautiful backdrop.
- The cliff railway is just a few minutes away and will take you up to Lynton 600 feet above. Here you can enjoy the stunning panoramic views over Lynmouth Bay across the sea to the Welsh coastline.
- From Lynton you can walk along the clifftop footpath which forms part of the Southwest Coast Path to the wonderfully strange and ancient natural landscapes at the Valley of Rock, which is also home for a herd of wild goats.
- The Two Moors Way footpath which connects Exmoor to Dartmoor passes directly behind the hotel and takes you up to the amazing views above Bonnicott Wood.
- Walking away from Lynmouth in the opposite direction takes you up the cliffs towards Countisbury and the National Trust Lighthouse at Foreland Point.
- From Countisbury you can cycle or walk down past the Wild Exmoor Ponies down to the Lighthouse
- The hotel has an elevated position and is built into the cliff side so there are a some steps and a ramp up to the main entrance, which can be a challenge for the elderly, very young and infirm. We will provide assistance to bring bags into hotel.
- CHILDREN MUST BE SUPERVISED BY AN ADULT AT ALL TIMES
- All bedrooms are on the 1st Floor.
- Breakfast is normally served between 8am and 9.30am
- Bar - we are licensed to sell alcohol from the bar in our sea-facing guest lounge. Open until 10.45pm
- Eating out - for those who wish to eat out we are happy to recommend our sister pub and restaurant The Rockford Inn
- We can provide a packed lunch but please request in advance (24hrs)
- Complimentary tea or coffee is served on arrival.
- We provide complimentary toiletries and fresh fluffy towels.
- There is a hairdryer, tea/coffee making facilities and bottled water in each room.
- All rooms are serviced during the day.
- In warmer months our terraced gardens provide a tranquil outdoor space to enjoy the views.
- Free Wifi in Public Areas only.
- Fishing, horse riding and pony trekking can be organised.
- Local Taxi services: Lyn Valley Taxis 07907 161666 | Riverside Taxis 07891 876408
- We do not have our own private car park, owing to the narrow streets that is the nature of Lynmouth.
- Parking on the street outside the hotel is free between 4pm and Noon the following day (peak season).
- We do not have private car park -Parking on the street outside the hotel is free all day (off peak season).
- There is a large public car park opposite the hotel 15 yards away which charges from £1 per hour to max £5 per day.